Roy C. Olson Award
In honor of Roy Olson, who passed away in 1988, the IMCEA Board of Directors developed The Roy C. Olson Memorial Award to recognize the MWR/Services professional who best exemplifies the high quality of standards of leadership and skill in MWR/Services management set by Roy Olson while serving in the Marine Corps and as a Navy Club Manager.
Awardees are chosen for their outstanding contributions to military MWR/Services, as demonstrated by their leadership, professionalism, dedication, innovation, and caring.
Congratulations to this year's Roy C. Olson Memorial Award recipient, Lynn Colville, from the US Marine CorpsCoast Guard.
Previous winners of the Roy C. Olson Memorial Award include:
- Avis Linnins, US Coast Guard, 2012
- Don Figueira, CMCE, US Marine Corp, 2011
- David Casteel, US Coast Guard, 2010
- Jeffery David Wapner, US. Coast Guard, 2009
- John S. Earles, US Coast Guard, 2008
- CWO2 Christopher A. Doherty, US Coast Guard, 2007
- John Nishida, US Marine Corps, 2006
- Richard Michels, CMCE, US Air Force, 2005
- Fred Fried, CMCE, US Air Force, 2004
- Yoshiji "Eddie" Ohsawa, US Air Force, 2003
- Larry Moore, US Air Force, 2002
- Paula Springer, CMCE, US Coast Guard, 2001
- Donald C. Rojas, US Army, 2000
- Steave L. Barness, CMCE, US Army, 1999
- William G. Ginac, CMCE, US Army, 1998
- Barbara Montoya, CMCE, US Army, 1997
- Jimmie Jenkins, CMCE, US Army, 1996
- Donald R. Carter, US Air Force, 1995
- William Uhde, CMCE, US Air Force, 1994
- Kay Biery, US Navy, 1993
- William "Lee" Hicks, CMCE, US Army, 1992
- David Snyder, US Army, 1991
- Lou Legarie, US Air Force, 1990
- Frank Mangone, US Air Force, 1989
Nominate a deserving IMCEA Member today!